Friday, December 28, 2007

9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon; 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: entering book order in BT, updating coll. dev. spreadsheet (mine and the library's), correcting errors in bib records, and updating catalog counting worksheet.

9:00 a.m.
  • Pencil/paper
  • Headphones
  • Tech arrives in search of last year's Fuel Economy Guide [AWOL]
  • Weird conversation about and commuting with odd patron
  • "Have the newspapers not arrived?" [all but the local one are in the reading room, and I go get the local for Mr. Ick] [First real question of the day: 9:33 a.m.]
  • Tech arrives in search of last year's Broadcast Directory
  • Pencil
  • Headphones returned
  • Pay for print jobs [nope, first 5 are free]
  • [phone] Knights of Columbus phone number [I *heart* the Internet]
10:00 a.m.
  • [am now depressed because I've used up my collection development budget for the fiscal year...which ends in four months!]
  • Printer is psycho [I suggest patron try a different computer and he gets his print jobs finally]
  • [I spend 10 minutes reworking the schedule for the day with the director--we are so short-staffed today it's simply not funny at all]
  • How to log on? [I look up her password]
  • Pay for print jobs
  • SAM registration
11:00 a.m.
  • Printer problem in kids room
  • "Can we put out some tax forms?"--circ person [if we put out some, we really need to get all of them out--can't it wait?]
  • [Say hi to volunteer who grabs my hand and won't let go]
  • How do I write up a term paper? [I explain the login, and she settles in to work]
  • One computer station is showing that the printer is "paused" and patrons documents won't print...[WTF? I've never seen this! I suggest using a different computer and reboot and hope for the best]
  • How does printing work? [I explain the print station to new patron]
  • [mail sorting]
  • Pay for print job [dude with the "paused" situation]
  • [I call about a couple of my own personal "reference questions"--ahem]
1:00 p.m.
  • Tech brings me book on CD with wrong call number [...I fix it and return it]
  • How to save something as a .doc file [well, we'll see if it works]
  • Return headphones
  • Washrooms
  • [phone] Reserve for The Venetian Betrayal [on order in CD and large print, but not the regular book--we're weird!]
  • Pay for print jobs
  • Librarian D arrives to take over--Hurrah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.