Saturday, June 07, 2008

9:00 - 11:00 a.m. ; 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: checking for typos (a quixotic process, at best, but for now I am caught up), collection development....
9:00
  • [phone] (they hung up on me when I answered--first question(?) of the day at 9:35)
  • "Is breakfast ready?" (one of our regular patrons, making a joke)
  • "Are you open tonight?" (only till 5--and if you're leaving, you might want to log out of your internet acct.)
  • [phone] (circ person asking how to run overdue notices--which no one working today knows how to do...derrrrr [we figure it out, though])
  • Pencil
  • Mr. Ick needs an eraser...and also wants to know where to buy them
  • [phone] "Can I renew my books?" (sure--why did circ transfer this to me?)
  • The book with all the prescriptions in it (PDR, coming right up)
10:00
  • Help with using PDR (I go get the Consumer Drug Reference book which is 100% easier to use!)
  • (He fills me in on his entire medical history for the past 40 years. He's remarkably upbeat. I could have lived without the comments about his catheters and the parting remark that he's been celibate for 40 years...but what can ya do?)
  • Pencil
  • [phone] Can I use saved Office 2007 files on your computers? (the public ones, not directly--they have to be saved as [Word, Excel] 97-2003 documents first)
  • Pay for prints (nope, only one today: it's free)
  • Prescription drug program (who knew? No one, except Librarian D who fills me in)
  • Mr. Ick returns eraser
  • Are my DVDs here yet? (no)
1:00
  • (Is there some reason that people can move a chair across to the room to where they want to shoulder surf behind a friend/family member, but they can't move it back? D'oh)
  • Make (unnecessary) change
  • Paper
  • Summer hours (same as the rest of the year) and the next time we are closed on Sunday (next week for Father's Day, and then not until Labor Day)
  • Today's local classified ads
  • [phone] Melatonin: spelling and anything we have about it (dude's a crank--I 'found nothing')
  • Help with wireless connection
  • Update SAM access
  • Classified ads are returned
  • Someone returns a wallet left at one of the computers
  • [phone] Three book reserves
  • Pencil
  • Concerned wallet owner asks about found one--it's his
I do like summer weekends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.