Monday, November 05, 2012

Monday

What I'm doing between questions: clean-up of mis-coded items, and watching the installation of historical American flags by extremely noisy people...and other duties as assigned....

1:00
  • [phone] "I was on hold for J.K. Rowling's book, but now I'm not?" [I remember that she was near the top and replace her hold...very odd]
  • Butterflies
  • Bestseller list
  • Discussion of flags; I've gotten two different stories from people about what flags they are....will look after the people are gone
  • Guest pass for internet
  • Help with email signup [no, your street address is not an email address...]
  • Oops, SAM made your password blank...stupid SAM [I undo it and he gets right in this time]
  • Used car price guide (not Edmund's anymore, but it'll work)

4:00 in the J ghetto
  • No, I can't check out here
  • ...and the middle school kids start to arrive...whee....
  • The 500 hats of Bartholomew Cubbins [and our copy has been withdrawn, so I do an order request for a new one]
  • Earring found on floor
  • Bathroom key
  • Historical fiction for a reluctant reader...and the list mom has could have been given to me, the titles are that old... :-( Sometimes I wonder about teachers
  • Key is back
  • Word processor? [you have to log in to use it...she wanders away]
  • [I'm STILL dealing with the historical fiction mom and daughter....!]
  • Charlotte's Web, one copy for each of the two girls asking [well, we have one copy...they'll have to share]
  • Bathroom key
  • How to write a notarized letter
  • Key is back

6:00
  • My pastor and his wife stop by to chat--they aren't together here often (she volunteers here), so it's kinda cool
  • Alfred Binet. And cookbooks
  • Can I use this card for the internet? [yup]
  • [phone] Librarian B asks me to check the cameras on a couple of kids she just separated on her way to dinner; they moved, but when I go check they are lip-locked again, and I eject them 
  • And we're having a sneeze convention...dude's crying he's sneeze so many times...I blame the dusty computers and these flags, which are slightly mildewy [10 minutes...I think he's ok now]
  • Need more time
  • Pay to print

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.