What I'm doing between questions: filing order cards; updating work blog; putting new Boy Scout manuals into 3-ring binders; chatting with assorted patrons and being generally amazed at what goes on in public libraries...everything from sleeping to autistic rocking to sermon-writing.
* How to spell "juggernaut" (not j-a-r-g-o-naut, as he is pronouncing it)
* …and "laborious"
* "How to I get to this website?" (torn out of the newspaper) [it’s an email address, not a website, as evidenced by the @ symbol...sigh]
* Buy a disk, and access the internet (he looks like my sister does lately: has terrible tremors and is difficult to hear and understand...sigh...I'm trying not to tear up)
* Primary-source accounts of soldiers at Gettysburg [found! Hah!]
* Pay for print jobs
* Typing tutorial software? [no] Extra time online? [yes, if it’s job- or school-related]
* Today’s Wall Street Journal
* Pay for print jobs (in pennies...sigh)
[call from family member]
* Paper and pen
* Pay for print job
* Cell phone ratings in Consumer Reports [we have a lovely chat; I need to look at this article too, when he's done]
* Pay for print job [only did 2--she's FREE!]
* Wall Street Journals are returned; now he needs used car prices [which reminds me: why is the car blue book RED?]
* I'm off to find an ILL for L---yville Library... [and I don't know what to do with it now...procedure manual, anyone?]
* Nice lady picks up errant dime in front of Ref Desk and gives it to me [I return it to Cons. Rpts. dude]
* "Where is this?" [J = Juvenile = kids' room...and off they go]...only to return because the woman they asked for help gave them the number for dolphin poetry. What they need is dolphin/whale poaching [we find some books on saving whales and dolphins and I vow to myself to bring Q-tips to work next week]
* Register new SAM user and extend time and answer her complicated questions
[phone call from famly member...which sends me on a trip to the school to pick up a child who isn't there--though I burn 30 minutes waiting for him--and get back to the library at 3:50 whereupon Librarian F shoos me back to the workroom]
Addendum: at 5:00 the police arrive to cart off the Autistic Rocker; they got a call from a patron who was freaked out by him. He's a "known" person according to the cop. Never a dull moment.