Thursday, February 15, 2007

6:00 -7:00 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: NOTHING, i.e. wandering the net.

6:00
  • [Technically it's 6:10 before I realize that I'm supposed to be on the Reference Desk, and only then because Librarian F comes to tell me so that she can go home...]
  • Is [Librarian D] here? [no] He was supposed to read today in my classroom...? [sorry, don't know; he was at work today, but he's left now]
  • Circ person needs help with a color copy of something [we eventually figure out enough for her to make it work]
  • Formatting a resume [I show him Microsoft Office, and reregister him in SAM]
  • Renew time on SAM
  • "What does this mean?" [she has a kabillion windows open--freakin' popups!--so I explain how to keep that from happening, and then things won't freeze up on her like this]; and I renew her time on SAM
  • [phone] Little girl looking for "The Cay" movie [not released on DVD or video, bummer]
  • [phone] Mom asking what I told her daughter about "The Cay" [girl didn't understand how it can exist if it's not on video or DVD! Ah, youth]
  • SAM registration
  • Friend arrives for her tutoring stint and we chat while she waits.
  • Two cops come in, looking for current city budget [thank God I can find it--don't want to look stupid in front of people with guns!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.