Wednesday, January 25, 2012

1:00 - 2:00 ; 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: catching up on Autocat postings, starting an order for prize-winning books...

1:00 [in the children's room]
  • "Can you check to see which storytime we signed up for?" [after I get help from Librarian M, yes]
  • Bathroom key
  • [phone] Renew books/DVDs
  • Multiple questions about storytime, registration, how it works, when they are, how to find out when/where to register, etc. [this time I could answer!]
  • Pinkalicious books, in English [all checked out, except Spanish]
  • Bathroom key
  • Junie B. Jones books [we have 'em, but I'm not linking because there's no way to link to a series in Worldcat....grr]
  • Bathroom key, and I keep an eye on the oldest kid because he's only 3 or 4, but bringing him in the bathroom with the rest...no; bathroom isn't big enough for four people
  • Director arrives and (eventually) asks if I would please create a new code for two-week DVD checkouts [this isn't that hard, except finding all the DVDs to which it applies and moving them]

3:00 [in the children's room]
  • How to register for programs [I am now, officially, a pro at this]
  • Pencil, with eraser. Or pen [hmm...why eraser if you can use a pen? But anyway, as usual, all we have in here are those cheesy golf pencils]
  • Pencil, with eraser [different kid]
  • Any Diary of a Wimpy Kid book in? [again, no link, but I do find one that just came back for the kid]
  • Bathroom key
  • Bathroom key
  • How many activity kits can I check out? [one per family] "But then the kids fight over it!" [well, that's when you haul out your excellent parenting skills, right? ...sigh]
  • Bad Kitty and Mary Poppins [the former is on the shelf; the latter is out so I reserve it for her]
  • "How much money is on my Internet account?" [a whopping ten cents=one page of printing]
  • "Are any of these computers just catalogs?" [we find one that fits the bill]

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.