Thursday, April 19, 2012

11 a.m. - 12 p.m. ; 2 - 3 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: catching up on email, etc., that accrued while I was at conference this week.

11:00
  • Help custodial guy move table in craft room--which I doubt usually happens, judging by the rust stains on the floor from others mopping around it....YAY current custodial guy!!
  • Really annoying dad with adorable toddler looking for lion books...er, cows go moo, yay (lol)
  • OK, all the items ordered this week are in our Excel file...I need to download the records into Millennium, but I can't do that from here
  • Help with printing...
  • Dead quiet in here, thank God

2:00 [covering for Librarian B who has a Weird Thing going on with her arm and is at Urgent Care]
  • Printing issues, sorta [not asking for help yet, but talking to herself a lot]
  • Second staff member of the days comes to ask me if she left her [something important] here [I can't even find my shit, so it's unlikely I know where yours is!
  • New "cooperative murals" from a local preschool on the walls are SUPER awesome; I even took a pic--will try to upload it and post (except my phone isn't "smart" and it takes forever, so it may be added tomorrow)
  • Keys to bathrooms for cleaning dude
  • And he returns them
  • 2:35, and the first kids out of school arrive
  • Former director comes in and asks if I'm "the only one here"--uh, no, oooooooooh, the only REFERENCE staff here?? lol [I direct her to Librarian C who can actually answer the question about how to use the computers in the training room]
Mural photo FINALLY arrived:



2 comments:

  1. I like the mural! That would brighten a workspace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too--surprised?

    I'm stunned that it is the work of preschoolers, and THAT makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.