Monday, February 27, 2012

11 a.m. - 12 noon ; 1 - 2 p.m. *

What I'm doing between questions: prepping for my last collection development order of the budget year

11:00 in the children's room
  • "I'm looking for these books..." as he unfolds a sheet of paper with ~12 titles on it [dude, this is the CHILDREN'S room, so yeah, no books on Navy Seal training in here...off you go to Adult Land]
  • There is, apparently, a parent/kid playgroup meeting in the play area today (not offical): about 5 kids, 4 moms, and I anticipate chaos when I got check in there
  • Storytimes
  • Book two of the Hunger Games [I reserve it for her]
1:00
  • Finishing up for Librarian B who got nailed this last hour and didn't finish, I call patron back with the local NOW and ACLU offices and phone numbers...because she got bashed in the head by a customer at Walmart and she's already disabled...not sure what they're gonna do for her/them but not my problem
  • [phone] "I lost my lawyer's phone number and address; can you look it up? His last name is Phillips and he's somewhere in [the Big City near us." [Phillips?? You can't be serious--but I actually do find him fairly easily...but in the midst of calling her back, I get interrupted by someone else]
  • ...how to print, and then how to download my address book from Yahoo [gah]
  • How to print from Word [that stupid button that hides all the options....I hate it]
  • Pay to print
  • [I hear someone tearing a page out of a magazine and quietly freak out, but I can see him and it's his mag, which he then throws out]
  • Discussion about my Friday schedule, and general gossip with head of circ
  • Pay to print
  • [There are a LOT of homeless guys in here today...which is unusal on a Monday]
  • Patron turns over a thumb drive someone left in a computer
* I'm giving up on the ":00s" in the post titles; they take too long to type. Lazy? Me?? Not so much, more distracted....

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.