Thursday, February 02, 2012

2:00 - 3:00 ; 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: checking the catalog for updates to do later....so far behind on this....

2:00 (covering for Librarian C who is sick)
  • Guest pass [upgraded to 'permanent' guest pass]
  • [some confusion about who, precisely, is supposed to be out here now, but I shoo Librarian L away]
  • [Why is the old SAM staff page the only one I can use at this station??]
  • Books/videos for son about why he shoulden't hit [he's six, oy, parents getting divorced etc., more counseling for the parent than help for the kid]
  • [Yesterday's idiot employee-from-another-library returns...]
  • Pen? [yes, and he takes a small scrap of paper and proceeds to write on it for a good 3 minutes, then gives me the pen back...hmm]
  • Pay for printing
  • [phone] Circ person wants to know if I feel like walking around to look for someone for their ride...the driver is calling while sitting in the parking lot and doesn't want to come in and look...[uhm, no, I'd rather go collect orphan books, thanks]
  • Stapler [and a screed about high gas prices...ugh]
  • "Can I have about 5 book request slips?" [sure!]
  • One of my favorite patrons leaves...
  • ...and Scrap-Paper-and-Pen Man returns, with his own pen, to grab paper...and write for another 3 minutes
  • Say hi to another of my favorite patrons, who is leaving
5:00 (backup only...and not needed)


No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.