Tuesday, February 07, 2012

6:00 - 8:00 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: checking in withdrawn material so it can actually be deleted from the database....four pages....tiny print

6:00 [in the children's room]
  • "I need to peeee" [a quiet little girl--bathroom key duly handed over]
  • Where the Wild Things Are [got it]
  • Imagination Station series [we have none of them--note to children's librarian about 'em] ; Magic Tree House series [those we gots!] [the first one has two series names so it took awhile to dig up the right books, but I reserved them in our catalog to come from other libraries]
  • ...and Spanish storytime is starting...
  • Bathroom key [and a little help with using the key in the right door the right way]
  • "Can I borrow scissors?" [no because the person who borrowed them an hour ago has not yet returned them] [she doesn't fully believe me--oh well]
  • "Is this my barcode or my PIN?" [that there on your card is the barcode, and I check her PIN which she had right]
  • Bathroom key
  • I get yanked into the adult section to help a VERY NEEDY nontrad college student use the databases...she's really desperately bad at this.
  • ...the flip side of that is that Librarian K says he doesn't need me to sit at Ref at 7 so...I'm back to my desk
  • But first: "where are my print jobs?" [dunno, they're gone I think] ; stapler [yes]
  • How to get a card... [front desk]
  • Bathroom key
  • ...RUN AWAYYYYYY....
7:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.