Wednesday, February 22, 2012

11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. ; 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: fuming

11:20 [when Librarian K comes to tell me I'm on the desk] 
  • Is it really so much trouble to mention that you've had to rearrange the schedule?? Yes. Yes, it is.
  • Pay to print
  • WSJ is returned
  • "How do I turn off the pop-up blockers?" [I don't think you can on the public computers]
  • "Fix my settings"...rattles off number [Yassir]
  • State tax forms for here and for Arizona [I find and print what I hope he needs]
  • ...which reminds me that my son earned money out of state last year, so I print off the tax form he needs as well...
  • Local paper delivery
  • ...and one bank of lights clicks out, and back on after 2 seconds...oddly, no one but me seems to notice
  • A short discussion on whether patrons need to reshelve books, with a patron: "I know where they go"
  • Other people's schedules have changed abruptly today as well: apparently Librarian B no longer has a scheduled lunch hour, which seems to be happening a lot to people lately. Guess we don't get paid enough to eat anyway
  • Pencil and scratch paper
  • Someone is printing a freaking novel on the printer...holy shit...at least a full minute of nonstop printing!
  • And I'm off to our pizza staff-meeting...
3:10 backup Ref
  • Place hold for ... something [got interrupted and don't remember]
  • Resume books
  • Related-to-Magog has been back asking questions, so Librarian J is crawling around the wackadoo internet sites
  • I pull review journals to flip through tonight and tomorrow
  • ...and clean out the "messages left" pile and pitch anything from before December 2011
  • American Capitalist by Five Finger Death Punch [we don't own, but I'll order it for him]
  • Fax
  • "If you ever get rid of this book, could I have it?" [I add his name to the record--it is pretty fugly, so I might just do that one of these days since it's my buying section] ; plus, he didn't know we put our withdrawn stuff out for sale all the time in our bookstore downstairs--he is stoked...and he's half my age, which is unusual
  • Jobs folder [postings] getting a workout

2 comments:

  1. I hope that pizza meeting related in some way to the ridiculous schedule issues y'all are having. WOW do I not envy you on that - Jeebus that sounds frustrating!

    We own American Capitalist, but it's "new" and won't circulate outside the lib for 3 months. Still, if you need it, let me know. It pays to have connections. :) (And it's hardly one of our top sellers.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, of course the meeting was useless. The pizza was crap, too. The combination did not work well inside; C told us we all came out of the meeting looking shell-shocked and big-eyed. In my case, mostly boredom.

    We're buying AC.

    And I'm taking a {MH} sick day today

    ReplyDelete

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.