Saturday, May 26, 2012

9 - 10 a.m. ; 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: downloading orders from B&T and Midwest Tape, and placing holds on items once they're in the database.

9:00
  • Ceiling inspection, since it rained like mad earlier this morning...yes, we do seem to have a new wet spot, but no dripping. Yet.
  • Mom asking about summer reading signup... [I do the drill and she's happy]
  • "My comwootuh scween toowned black..." [no clue why, but I fix it: YAY Alt-F4]
  • 9:50--So, about 4 kids have walked in, with parents in most cases, and those were the only interactions besides hellos. Amazingly quiet.
  • Ceiling still not dripping, in spite of Round Two of heavy rain

11:00
  • Fax, to NACA, which I try about 6 times (from two machines) after Librarian J has tried several times [never goes through; I send him to UPS to try their machine]
  • Kidney disease, for a paper [I introduce her to Ebsco]
  • The Werewolf is here, needing help [Librarian T zips out here and helps her, as much as anyone can]
  • [phone message] "I'm doing a literature review on Kevin Henkes. Can I meet you there and check out whatever you have by him?" [well...yeah? Duh of course lol--I call her back and encourage her to stop by]
  • Scratch paper
  • [freakin frack: BWI orders didn't all get input when ordered, HOW does this happen?]

12:00
  • One of our very nice regulars asks for three movies for his wife, then backs off one of them. The other two are named The Necklace and Europeans.  There are a LOT of movies with those titles or something like them! [I eventually figure out that she probably wants The Affair of the Necklace and the Merchant-Ivory version of Europeans--we have the former, but I'll have to ILL the latter]
  • Stapler
  • Skillet's Awake CD [isn't where it belongs, so I place a hold for one from another library...and he finds about 8 other CDs while looking for it, so we're good]
  • "Why won't my document open?" [it's save in a format we don't support...and in Word, right next to the junk one]
  • "Where'd my picture go? I can hear the soundtrack but the video's gone" [the buttons on the bottom, hello? Sometimes people are SO very grateful for the smallest things]
  • Pay to print
  • I throw away the "donation" we received in the mail from the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Colorado City, AZ {{{SHUDDER}}} [It's a stapled-together screed along the lines of the religious tracts that people leave laying around...only 40 pages of text instead]
  • Pay to print
  • [I need to wash my hands after touching that yucky 'book']
  • Pay to print
  • Gifted Adults [we own, and it's here]

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.