Thursday, May 03, 2012

1 - 3 ; 5 - 6 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: reading review journals and prepping an order (first two hours); ordering those materials...even though we currently have well over 600 items in the workroom uncataloged and waiting.

1:00 in the children's room
  • Books/videos (i.e. DVDs) with Barney, and the rest of the PBS shows [of course] -- the patron is with her great-grandchild, who calls her "Granny," and has very visible coclear implants...I've never seen them in-person before. VERY cool. The little girl is cute too, her hair in beautifully beaded braids.
  • Bathroom keys for cleaning [1:50]

2:00 in the children's room
  • @ 2:15 the first after-school kid walks in...the first non-staff person to come in here in over 45 minutes!
  • Keys back 
  • When I leave the room, there are officially 7 very quiet people left

5:00 in the children's room
  • "Where do I get what I printed?" [short answer, if you don't have money, you can't print anything... (though I'm nice about it, believe it or not!)]
  • As that question occurred at 5:05, and there was absolutely NOTHING else afterwards, I did get my ordering done. Lots of kids in the room, busily reading, typing and being tutored.

1 comment:

  1. This is why it makes no sense to me that your time is being wasted playing computer-monkey; your time should be spent doing your real work and somebody else should be out there doing this!

    But what do I know.

    600 items behind...ugh.

    ReplyDelete

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.