Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday (with new glasses)

What I'm doing between questions: killing people off in the catalog, and also merging several children's orders into one giant order.

1:00 in the children's room
  • [phone] Help downloading ebooks to Kindle [I transfer to the ref desk and go back to updating death dates]
  • "I have to go POTTTEEEEE" [I get the key out for the mom and point her toward the bathroom]
  • Key is back, and mom wants help with easy chapter books
  • Meanwhile her daughter has lost her mom, so I wave her toward where I last saw mom and start to get up when I see mom moving to intercept her
  • And in walks the director...checking the temperature in the play area

2:00 in the children's room
  • [phone] Register for Microsoft Word class [this brings the wait list up to 7]
  • ...school's out: people are starting to wander in with older kids
  • Recycling bin? [yup]

7:00 in the children's room
  • Thirteen by Lauren Myracle [we don't own, and she needs it tomorrow, so she heads off to find something else by her]
  • [phone] Librarian B asking me to check her m-i-l's card to be sure she (B) doesn't download the same Kindle books she has checked out
  • Books on Switzerland [we have none in here...fail]

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.