Thursday, March 22, 2012

10 a.m. - 12 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions:  Oooh, something new (ish) -- cleaning up the standing orders list. When I put it all into Excel three or so years ago I noted which items were scheduled to be released when. Since then I have "crossed off" things as they arrived, and so I've removed the "un-crossed-off" things to a new worksheet, printed it, and am going through that list today to see what is going on.  Whee.

10:00
  • Wow the chair is set REALLY low today...
  • "Can I have eat one of those Peeps?" [in the displays? Uhm, no, there's glue on them] "But I want to show my mom." [Bring her in and show her, later...I actually think he's never seen a Peep before, God love him!]
  • Bathroom key
  • I successfully extract all 9 crayons from the toy watering can (about 4" x 5") on the desk
  • Kleenex [I have to go get a box from the workroom]
  • Key returned
  • ...and....crickets

11:00
  • At 11:05 a couple comes in looking for books on metals [ok, for kids, yes, we gots, and he find the periodic table in one, so he's happy]
  • Someone is walking on the roof....and the blowers are now off...and it's REALLY quiet in here!
  • 11:15 and the blowers are back on
  • Librarian M comes in to do some quick tasks, and we chat--she's been out of commission for the past couple of weeks, so I tell her some of the gossip
  • Other than a few little kids playing with toys in the rotunda, there is nothing going on.
  • Thomas the Tank Engine books [oh, yeah, no problem]
  • 2/3 done with the standing orders checking...ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.