Saturday, March 31, 2012

9 - 11 a.m. ; 12 - 1 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: checking catalog for dead/updated subject headings, and trying to figure out why I can't log into Blogger.

9:00
  • Register for SAM, but her card is expired and she owes (another library) money, so I just give her a temp pass for today [she is doing the ESL tutoring program at 10, so bending the rules is ok, I guess]
  • Pay to print
  • Lengthy ear-bending from Librarian F about our reviews, etc. etc. etc.
  • "Where do I find this number...? [on paper is written "70.5"--errrr, ok, I look it up and of course it's 070.5] ; eventually find out her topic is pretty specific and show her the online databases--she practically faints from excitement at the "Cite" function in Ebsco ; and I show her what the local community college has in terms of databases too....
  • Today's classified ads [oops, forgot to take 'em out of the paper, so I rescue the paper and ask the patron to bring them back to me when he's done]
  • Diagram and anatomy of the human digestive system [yup]
  • Password lookup
  • [phone] "Do I need to have registered for the ESL session?" [I go check: no]
  • Dude stares at print station for long moments--I go see what's up and remind him to click on each document and THEN click on print
  • Pay to print
    Ads are returned
  • Pay to print

10:00 in the children's room
  • Print release station completely fubar, I have to reboot, of course the patron is in a hurry, but at least she's not cranky about it ; in the meantime, SAM has logged her out, so she has to log back in and print again...ten minutes after her first attempt, she's got her Chuck E. Cheese coupon
  • Someone has brought in a Peeps display for the contest: The Hunger Games
  • [phone] "This is Rose; can I have Reference." [yup]
  • Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark [yup]
  • Bathroom doors are wide open; patron asks if he can use 'em [WHO THE HELL opened in here this morning, cuz you SUCK at it!!]
  • SAM reservation computer isn't on either
  • [Librarian T calls to ask me about overlaying bib records--I get the number to do it later]
  • Cleaning guy needs bathroom keys [I give him the one with the closed door]
  • Less than 5 minutes later, he comes for the other key because someone went in and let the door close after she came out
  • The Stinky Cheese Man [our copy is overdue since 2008] ; other books by Jon Scieszka ; books on aliens [he's at that point in life (age 7) where nothing is precisely what he wants, but he's cute and he does thank me for trying]

12:00
  • Blogger is fixed, sorta....[yes, Iput all the other stuff down in a notepad file, no I did not remember it all!]
  • Bathroom has been cleaned (there was blood--omg omg omg--but it's all good now, according to cleaning guy]
  • Kleenex
  • Wi-Fi? [yup--guy looks like a very young, 70s-era Bob Seger]
  • Director stops by, on her way over to a memorial service for an long-time donor
  • Pay to print
  • There's a woman here who has been Farmville-ing since I came out here--her famr is absolutely HUGE!! eep
  • Look up library card number, and pay to print
  • Pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.