Thursday, June 14, 2012

12 - 1 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: getting ahead on the tentative desk schedule for the next few weeks

12:00
  • Grandpa tells boy (about 8) that if he checks stuff out he has to bring it back with "NO FINES!" and he smiles beyond the kid to me: "right??" [I smile back and nod--he's not being mean, just setting parameters]
  • Scratch paper
  • Grandson has DVD needs: Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie [both copies are out, he doesn't want to reserve] ; Goodburger movie [not in system, same deal] ; Sandlot [but I have to call my son to remind me of the name, and it's checked out too; "How old's your son?" "Too old to know the name of that movie!" He laughs.]
  • Books on animals, well, tigers actually [yep, we gots]; the kids are running around with puppets [which I really still hate, but whaddaya gonna do?]
  • "Do I have to have my reading log to get into today's program?" [no, buuuuuuuut, there's no program here today....we sort it all out and she'll be here Saturday to read to our puppies]
  • Stamps for prizes
  • I have to stop a mom and her rugrats from taking prizes: "how much?" [you have to READ--"leer"--for those!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.