Monday, June 04, 2012

1 -2 ; 4 - 5 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: trying to see if our online calendar/registration program is ever going to come up, and there really isn't any "between questions" today.

1:00
  • YA signup for summer reading
  • Pay to print
  • [I print off waivers since it'll save kids and us one step perhaps]
  • How to copy music from PSP to CD  [either it's the wrong kind of CD that won't let more than one copy happen onto it, or our computers suck; either way, he's screwed, poor kid]
  • YA signup x 4 or 5
  • One mom doesn't want her 7th grader reading scary books, and the girl is mortified; I go ahead and mortify her older brother and tell him he should sign up for the program too [he's too embarrassed for words, won't sign up but eventually asks for The Emperor of All Maladies, which is not exactly an easy book!]
  • Pay to print x 7 or so

4:00 in the children's room (signing up for SRP, the younger crew)
  • "There's a class I signed up for...?" [actually, it's a magic program starting now, and it's in the meeting room...]
  • The good news is the registration program is up now, even if the director thinks it's still not working. What a twit.
  • SRP signup x 10
  • YA signup in the other room x 3
  • Pretties by Westerfield [holy cats, it's actually here! She's ecstatic]
  • Riordan Titanic series [I reserve them for him] ; long conversation about corn allergies with his family [I have family members with this same problem]
  • Help finding Wizard books [nice kid, can't find what he wants]
  • "If I forgot my card can you look it up?" [sure if you have other ID--she does]
  • People of Sparks [our copy is out so I reserve a copy for him]
  • [staff person] Do you know where the schedule is? [nope]
  • ...and as I'm leaving a cop comes in with a photo: "have you seen this little girl?" [I'm SO BAD at this sort of thing, and there've been SO MANY kids in here today...but no, I don't think so]
  • Extra copies of the reading log for vacation [no problem]

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.