Friday, September 07, 2012

Friday

What I'm doing between questions: yawning, checking off people on the Death Dates list.

3:00 in the children's room
  • Kid is singing along with Mickey Mouse on the internet--this is NOT a preschooler, either...cracking me up
  • Japanese art [for an adult]
  • Extra headphones [noo...yes! The first drawer I open has a set in it]
  • Mickey kid is actually in YouTube, and his mom just caught him watching something..."Get outta that video!" [no clue what it was--she's sitting sideways to him with her younger-than-him daughter on another computer]
  • Japanese art woman is back--"can you put the third book on hold for me?" [uhm sure, but I suspect it's gone missing...

4:00 in the children's room
  • Bathroom key
  • ...and back
  • [call from Ref Desk] "You don't have Rose up on your screen? [no, and since no one else does, go ahead and do a Free Record override...p# is...yeah...]
  • Awesome--someone shut of the printer in here
  • No, I don't know why [person in adult area] can't connect to the Wi-Fi--maybe their Kindle doesn't like "foreign" networks?
  • Two girls waiting on Mom have made a fort under the picture-book reading table and are lying down doing the Best Friend thing, along with several of the puppets. I miss being a little girl [betcha they don't put the puppets away when they leave, either]
  • Now there's another, slightly older, kid sitting around the corner giggling at whatever he's got going on the internet...crack me up [he's trying so hard not to make noise he sounds like he's going to die]
  • [phone] Renew items
  • [phone] Staff member calling back in to say she found her wallet after all [I relay to message]
  • American Girl Dolls books [close enough]
  • There is a library in our consortium that called this morning about a CD that's been in processing for a really long time. They have a patron waiting for it (there's another hold from another library for it as well). First of all, we can't find it, so I left it for the other cataloging person to look for since she started with it. Secondly, if you have a patron waiting for something fucking buy it for your library! They just called back to ask about it. Dudes. Really? We said we'd look into it, but the person isn't here today. "But I told our patron I'd call her back today!" Well, that would be your problem, hon; we'll let you know when WE know what's going on. 
  • "Can I use the phone?" [it's supposed to be an emergency, but since she's standing right here I can hear her, and it's really NOT ... except she doesn't have a key to get in her house. I remind her that we close at 6 and she calls her mom to get a ride, or to find out when someone will be home; no answer]
  • "Let's just make my life easier: call number for Fairy Tales?" [yup: 398.2, both in the easy books and the elementary books]
  • OK. I Am Outta Here!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.