Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday

What I'm doing between questions: checking Best Of Lists, and the ever-present subject list.

11:00 in the children's room
  • Cold in here again...on with the gloves
  • And just after I get settled, it started reeking of chlorine and burning [burning ballast in the lights]
  • It's Winter, Dear Dragon isn't on the shelf...? [yes, but it's in the easy readers, not the regular picture books]
  • [phone] "Is the director there?" [uhm, yeah, and when I ask who's calling she says she's a patron who was here last night and wants to talk about an employee...duh duh DUH...I go warn Head of Circ in case it's one of her peeps]
  • Former employee, my former tech, stops in--one of my favorite people [miss her...sniffle]
  • "Just what I need"--he grabs a couple kleenex--"thank you" [no problem]
  • Cleaning guy is having his own weird smell problem in the janitor's closet, but it's spilled cleaning stuff not ballast [he was sure they were the same as in here: Cat. the Canary goes to check and my nose says they are entirely different, but still very smelly]
  • Lots of grown men walking through the room today...grr
  • I sure hope this smell dissipates before I'm back at 1--my head hurts and I can taste the stink in the back of my throat

1:00 in the children's room
  • Staff member's husband is on grandkid duty today, so he's here with the youngest [age 4 and she looks at least 10...scary]
  • Bathroom key ... and back
  • Headphones [ones on the computer are broken]
  • Big Nate books [ayup]
  • Turtle in paradise [all copies are checked out...patron is out of the area, no hold]
  • [phone] Friends of the Library person calling for Librarian M (out with a sick kid), or second choice, Librarian C (at the Ref Desk)
  • The blind man and the elephant [found it] ; where's the copy machine? [past circ to the right]
  • [phone is ringing off the hook suddenly] Librarian M calling for Librarian C is the one I get
  • Are we connected to other libraries? [basically, yes you can use your card here, even if it was issued in another library...blah blah blah]

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.