Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday

What I'm doing between questions:

11:00 in the children's room
  • I get out a tally sheet for today since no one else has done so...
  • [phone] Reference question but they are swamped so I jump in. In the "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" school, I fall down the rabbit hole: woman has found mold in her Singulair and wants me to tell her if it's going to make her sick. Mind you, she's already called the pharmacy and the FDA who basically shut her down--cuz she's a) dumb as a post and/or b) crazy--and she's going to the doctor because she's got this rash....but do I think the moldy meds have made her sick? "You should SMELL the container!" Uhm, no thanks. "Be sure to watch the news; they [whoever They are] said this will be publicized soon." [eyeroll]
  • Activity kit about energy [best I can do is "recycling"]
  • Librarian T: donation of a Sophocles paperback = add to collection? Absolutely!
  • Preschool Power videos [not here anymore, and she doesn't want use to ILL them]
  • Page wondering if I really want her to pull all those YA books on the list [yup, I know, it's a lot, but we're outta space]
  • Cleaning guy is wired today...not that this is news, and we knew he'd be especially wack today since yesterday was so nuts [and he was here and peripherally involved in the fight outside]

3:00 in the children's room
  • What's the limit for books to check out? [it's a mom, so I tell her she gets to set the limit for her kids] ; also chapter books for elementary readers ;and the bathroom key
  • Key comes back...and leaves again immediately...and comes back
  • It's so bloody cold in here I'm wearing fingerless gloves and I may have to get a sweater--the desk, where my forearms rest while I type is frigid
  • Older woman asks if the "children's library" is arranged the same way as the adult library [deep breath as I start to explain all the different sections...] ..."I'm looking for Charlotte's Web and I don't remember the author" [oh, yeah, E.B. White is over here...] "That's right! It's ok, I can find it, thanks."
  • Stapler
  • ...all she found was the giant annotated edition of CW which she's fine with, but worries that we don't have any 'normal' copies [yes, we do, they're just checked out and/or misshelved with the Little House books
  • Cookbooks
  • Bathroom key...and back
  • Can't access the WiFi, which is weird, but I go reset it and it's fine again, but she still can't access it; others can, I can on my phone, but her laptop is obstinately refusing to connect...sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.