Wednesday, August 08, 2012

11 a.m. - 1 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: mostly Death Date authority checking

11:00 in the children's room
  • Ran "Claims Returned" list for items over a year in that status...came up with three; after discussion with Head of Circ, I mark them missing to be caught next missing list I run
  • I check all the people using computers in here; all seem to be kids or here with kids, so that's good [I did find one
  • Bathroom key...and he needs help [he's one of the several sets of triplets in town, so mom's off after the others and I go unlock the door for him]
  • ...and I close the door from adult Ref into the kids' room while I'm at the bathrooms
  • A/C blowers go off throughout the building, and I hear footsteps on the roof
  • Key is back
  • Pay to print
  • I buzz the IT guy who's here to ask why two of the YA computers, which are currently being used, show up on SAM as "PC IS DOWN" [puzzling]
  • And the room is almost completely empty now--time for the kids to go home and eat lunch?

12:00 in the children's room
  • [phone] Renew books
  • Front door isn't closing right--I find the reason, but have to ask someone else to actually come fix it [voila]
  • Brand new-to-the-library mom and son (and baby in a sling) come in, peering around [I tell them I'm here if they need anything, but they're just exploring]
  • Pay to print
  • I close the door into the adult reference area...again...wtf, ppl!
  • There's a little guy in the play area who keeps saying, "Mummaa!" every 60 to 90 seconds [this is the sort of thing that made me cuh-razy when I had a little guy]
  • Pay to print

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.