Thursday, August 16, 2012

2 - 3 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions:

2:00 in the children's room
  • School's back in session this week, so it's relatively quiet in here, except for a toddler at the Lego table.
  • Book called "Spies and Detective" or "Spy and Detective" [uh, nooo?] ; books about spies and detectives [eventually we get to what she wants: a story about spies--and I find one]
  • [and school's out, by the way--I always forget that the younger kids start showing up by 2:30 or so]
  • One of the twerpy Cousins can't hear out of her headphones [they work on this computer, so I go see what's going on with her--yup, her speakers are on mute]
  • Bathroom keys for the cleaning guy
  • Something about rats and toilets [our copy is checked out so I put it on hold, and suggest other 'icky' titles from the series--nope, he's a one-topic man (of 6ish)]
  • Bathroom keys are back
  • [phone] "I got a message? That there's a book there? For me? Can you tell me which one? [wow, loud talker--yes, both books you requested are here] "Can you tell me which titles?" [well, they're the ONLY TWO you asked for, both have the title Anorexia, by different authors...] "Oh, yeah, ok. I'll be in to get them?" [honey, really, if you only request two books, those are the two books that will be held for you. Just sayin']
  • Pay to print
  • Bathroom key for very shy girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.