Thursday, August 30, 2012

11 a.m. - 1 p.m. ; 3 - 4 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: checking catalog for death dates; I finished weeding the adult 800s after 2 years' of work, so I'm going ahead and starting that again, as well as my 200s (which I never got to last year).

11:00 in the children's room
  • Coupla moms + 2-3 kids in the play area. Wonder if they'll pick up when they leave?
  • They leave, and a grandpa and little girl come in
  • I call and leave a message at [Central] H.S. to ask for a copy of the yearbook order form, and filled out the [new] H.S. form
  • Request from staff to move 3rd Chipmunks movie to the older kids DVD section with the others
  • Just came across Adam Yauch in the list [yes I'm behind, yes I'm sad]
  • Poor Grandpa: the girl is dragging him all over: drinking fountain, bathroom, fish, movies. He's trying to get her back in the play area "to clean up"
  • The repercussions of the sudden influx of Board members to Saturday's staff party continue: what if it rains? [the host's house is pretty small] does the host know they're coming? [uhm, probably not] should we warn the rest of the staff? [yes, and also say that it will look bad if more Board than staff turn out] -- WHO INVITED THE BOARD ANYWAY?? [no one can figure that part out--I think they invited themselves]
  • OK, it's officially  me and the cleaning guy in here, only. He's Magic Eraser-ing the walls in the play area...I kid him, saying he'll need like 12 [he's on the autistic spectrum, so he almost never gets my jokes, but he does love to talk!]

12:00 in the children's room
  • Now there's a mom and school-age son here...hmm, home-schooled, I presume?
  • And the cleaning guy is just STUNNED at how dirty the walls are [yeah, kids? they're filthy little critters] ; he's almost used up the one Eraser on about half the walls
  • And, now I am 100% alone in here... :-(
  • Director walks in with a cheery "Hello there! How are you?" to which I respond "Hanging in there" without stopping my typing. She grabs the bathroom key, which I haven't put back in the drawer since it was used, puts it in the drawer...and leaves again [see why we're all glad she's leaving? It's little stuff like this...]
  • Once I'm sure she's gone, I get it out again [when I tell 

3:00 in the children's room
  • Pay to print ... x 2
  • And a REALLY obnoxious 4-year-old being totally ignored by his mom...grrr
___________
At some point there may have  been more, but I found this in my drafts on Thurs 9/6, so am publishing as is


No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.