11:00 in the children's room
- Coupla moms + 2-3 kids in the play area. Wonder if they'll pick up when they leave?
- They leave, and a grandpa and little girl come in
- I call and leave a message at [Central] H.S. to ask for a copy of the yearbook order form, and filled out the [new] H.S. form
- Request from staff to move 3rd Chipmunks movie to the older kids DVD section with the others
- Just came across Adam Yauch in the list [yes I'm behind, yes I'm sad]
- Poor Grandpa: the girl is dragging him all over: drinking fountain, bathroom, fish, movies. He's trying to get her back in the play area "to clean up"
- The repercussions of the sudden influx of Board members to Saturday's staff party continue: what if it rains? [the host's house is pretty small] does the host know they're coming? [uhm, probably not] should we warn the rest of the staff? [yes, and also say that it will look bad if more Board than staff turn out] -- WHO INVITED THE BOARD ANYWAY?? [no one can figure that part out--I think they invited themselves]
- OK, it's officially me and the cleaning guy in here, only. He's Magic Eraser-ing the walls in the play area...I kid him, saying he'll need like 12 [he's on the autistic spectrum, so he almost never gets my jokes, but he does love to talk!]
12:00 in the children's room
- Now there's a mom and school-age son here...hmm, home-schooled, I presume?
- And the cleaning guy is just STUNNED at how dirty the walls are [yeah, kids? they're filthy little critters] ; he's almost used up the one Eraser on about half the walls
- And, now I am 100% alone in here... :-(
- Director walks in with a cheery "Hello there! How are you?" to which I respond "Hanging in there" without stopping my typing. She grabs the bathroom key, which I haven't put back in the drawer since it was used, puts it in the drawer...and leaves again [see why we're all glad she's leaving? It's little stuff like this...]
- Once I'm sure she's gone, I get it out again [when I tell
3:00 in the children's room
- Pay to print ... x 2
- And a REALLY obnoxious 4-year-old being totally ignored by his mom...grrr
At some point there may have been more, but I found this in my drafts on Thurs 9/6, so am publishing as is