Tuesday, August 14, 2012

6 6:35 ; 7 - 8 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions:

6:00 [filling in for Librarian K who isn't back from his daughter's school orientation--he did call to warn me, which is awesome]
  • "What does, 'I've taken my bows, and my curtain calls...I've had my share of sand kicked in my face' mean?" [uhm, ok, we work through it, and I trace back to my childhood looking for the Charles Atlas ad from the back of all the comic books, etc. English is not this patron's first language. I do not, however, bring up RHPS and the spin it put on the whole mental picture, in spite of seeing Charles Atlas promising he can "make [me] a man"]
  • CSI:NY on hold; when is it due? [it's actually in mending, so I go find it and ask a circ person to buff it up for him--and in the meantime I get his brother confused with him, because they do look alike...gah, stupid me. At least they're nice about it.]
  • Pay to print, sorta [turns out he has money on his card already]
  • The Freddie Mercury dude comes back to ask for more time on his card--I find out later that he already has used at least 4 hours. Sigh
  • Librarian K makes his entrance.

7:00 in the children's room oops, I was supposed to be in here at 6...oh, well, nvm

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.