Thursday, August 02, 2012

1 - 2 ; 5 - 6 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: 

1:00
  • [phone] Help with MyMediaMall and an iPad [hate these questions!]
  • Pay to print
  • Day pass for internet
  • "Where are the movies?" [you've passed them--I show him where they are]
  • [phone] MMM person calls back...omg omg omg omg I'm in help-desk hell [I hate these calls!]
  • "What's my password?" [newbie; you make it up....while I'm "helping" the MMM woman]
  • Ethernet cable [still on the phone]
  • Renew time [still on the phone]
  • [what institution? no, you don't have to fill in anything but the required fields in Adobe--omg...really?]
  • Finally she tells me she'll call back [thank you Jeebus!!]
  • Copy of job ad in folder 
  • Fax, and fine payment
  • Newbie can't get online [cuz her card never got entered...oops]
  • [phone] Same woman--so I send it to to our techie person

5:00
  • New policy of giving bathroom keys only to kids or kids-with-parents means wall-eyed guy needs to go to the adult area to the bathroom (and perhaps will ask himself why bother going in the kids' room to use computers*) [come school season, we're supposed to start shooing adults out of all the kids' and YA areas to the adult areas to use computers--that's gonna be AWESOME fun!]
  • Mom and I are chatting about her cutesy-boy (about age 3): "He prefers reading to teleVISion [she's English] and I want to keep it that way!" [absolutely!!]
  • OK, so the guy who called the cops several months ago to 'help' me...just called them again to 'help' Librarian J because there was a guy in the adult area shouting into his phone and (maybe?) made a rude/vaguely threatening remark to the other guy, who reacted by calling the po-po and freaking the fuck out till they came...meanwhile, Loud & Obnoxious left the building [Librarian J is far from heroic, but even she was like, "WHY? WHY did you call the cops??"] [I think this patron needs a nickname...he is in EVERY DAY]
*Nope. Oh well; one can do nothing else but try...

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.