Tuesday, August 28, 2012

6 - 7 p.m.

What I'm doing between questions: checking kids' books for reading level

6:00 in the children's room
  • I don't even get sat before a woman asks for "saint books" for her teenage daughters who need to pick a saint for confirmation [I send her to the adult area, because I know I have bought a kazillion books on saints over the years]
  • There are two girls/girl+mom/something sitting on one chair in front of the nearest internet computer typing a paper. The one girl is probably 16. Really? Drag another chair over!
  • Th1rteen R3asons Why [checked out; I place a hold]
  • Million-Dollar Throw [in YA, not the kids' section, on the shelf--w00t! Yes, Mom, it's "realistic fiction" too]
  • Pay to print, in color [and I have to go get change at circ]
  • Librarian K looking for an audiobook that's probably on the mending cart, but we can't find it [grr]
  • Halloween, specifically costumes [for a kid whose dad looks COMPLETELY confused about this whole "library" thing, like crazy out-of-it, but of course we have Halloween costume books on the shelves right now]
  • Same kid also thinks he sees a Pokemon book on my cart o' kids' stuff [nope, it's a Richard Scarry Shapes & Opposites book--tricky spine, lol]
  • ...and his dad just walked past, followed by the kid asked where his dad went [dunno, sorry]
  • ...and now we need Pokemon books [mostly checked out] [thank goodness he's a cutey-smarty, or he'd be irritating me by now]
  • Battle of the books 
  • Mysteries [girl]
  • Scary books [boy]
  • No, wait, SCARY MYSTERIES! [same girl]
  • "Some of the computers are already logged in...?" [yeah, games, you can use 'em without a library card--this is the returning kid]
  • Bathroom key
  • Help with game [guess who]
  • Key returned
  • "What I printed didn't print?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.