Monday, October 01, 2012

Monday

What I'm doing between questions: end-of-month stuff, and collection development journals.

1:00
  • Librarian B asks me to call back a consortium library looking for a CD that doesn't appear to be on the shelf [bummer]
  • Pay to print
  • Consumer Reports car issue
  • Need to type a letter, and will need help with printing later
  • Pay to print (and some help)
  • Pay to print (new-to-me Pet Mormon)
  • Fax
  • Can print fees be put on a credit card? [yes, but it's my current favorite Pet Mormon and I plead with her to go up front to have them run the card or we'll be here until closing while I figure out how to use the damn thing]
  • CR is returned
  • Print--but it doesn't print in color (hmmm) [I refund her money]
  • Help with printing
  • Fax 
5:00 in the children's room
  • Help with computer [it's borked, and as I wait for it to reboot I discover two others have been turned off at the power strip, so I restart them too]
  • Bathroom key...
  • Easy books to read to my baby
  • Key is back
  • Help with printing (in Spanish)
  • Monster Science books, and chapter books [for 3 kids, and I find 'em all something to take home, cuz I rock]
  • How to replace a lost card [it costs $2...so...yeah]
  • "What's my password?" [CAT, really? lol]
  • "The computer isn't correcting my errors" [aside from the idea of wanting/expecting it to actually do that, I can't figure out how to turn the goofy underline thing on]
  • Books on [our state] [uh, yeah, we have a few...lol]
  • I Spy books
  • DC Comics character encyclopedia [checked out--"OH MAN!"--but I can reserve it for her (not a him)]
  • I Spy books
  • A mom on her way out stops to say, essentially, "My kids didn't make that mess in the play area, it was the (white) boy who just left who was throwing stuff..." [grr, I go clean up]
  • I Spy books [different family]
  • The obnoxious fauxhawk boy comes up to me to donate his "book" (6 pieces of paper stapled together with drawings) to the collection; "it's about Scooby-Doo" [I tell him I'll have to ask the de facto children's librarian but what a nice thing and maybe he can come back and read it to the little kids himself--too CUTE! He's very serious about it]
  • Both bathroom keys
  • Neither Meet the Robinsons nor Free Willy are on the shelves where they belong [then again, the DVDs never stay in order]
  • Keys are back
  • Help, major help, with printing

No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.