Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tues

What I'm doing between questions:

1:00 in the children's room
  • Storytime is going on when I start, so I expect a mass of humanity to emerge in the next half hour
  • Scratch paper
  • Actually, pretty quiet group leaving
  • Former director looking for Head of Circ

6:00 in the children's room
  • 1st grade reading level books [Encyclopedia Brown to the rescue, eventually] and...
  • "Is there a Spanish story time tonight?" and where [yup, over there at 6:30] ...and...
  • Bathroom key
  • There really are other people in here--the usual suspects--but they seem to be taking one look at me and heading for the doors. Why, yes, I do apparently terrify 13-year-old boys playing computer games. [huh]
  • Tall Kleenex boy leaves the room, cleaning his glasses as usual. It strikes me that my dad might have looked a bit like him back in the day: tall, gangly, dorky (no glasses though) and uncomfortable in his 7th-grade skin
  • Confused dad and his son are back, the kid in charge again
  • Bathroom key [the blue bathroom key has a note saying the floor was very wet, but the other one hasn't come back, so..."if it's really bad, come back and wait" and they don't come back]
  • Pay to print
  • Kids are arriving for story time
  • ...and the first key comes back
  • Confused question from son of confused dad, but I find him some robot books which seems to make him happy
  • I overhear a mom tell her kid, "You can check out whatever you can afford to pay for if you lose 'em." I double-check to be sure my mom hasn't just walked in--that was totally her line!
  • Lots of running kids....sigh
  • How to get on the internet? [need dad's permission]
  • Where to get a library card? [front desk]
  • Bathroom key
  • Broken floor puzzle pieces [well, we'll see what we can do, but that's pretty much why that puzzle is out--it's towards the end of its usable life]


No comments:

Post a Comment

On-topic comments welcome.
Abuse and off-topic ramblings will very likely be deleted.